HBS Satellite Project IDR 5.2 Trillion Kominfo Cancels Tech – 22 hours ago

Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia – The Hot Backup Satellite (HBS) project has been terminated. This was confirmed by Minister Budi Arie Setiadi.

“Terminated… yes, stopped,” said Budi at the Ministry of Communication and Information office, Jakarta, Friday (20/10/2023).

He said the decision was made after a technical study was carried out by the Bakti Kominfo Task Force. However, for further information, Budi asked the media crew to contact the Task Force.


“What this means is that the task force team thinks it needs to be stopped,” said Budi.

CNBC Indonesia have also tried to contact the Chair of the Communication and Information Service Task Force, Sarwoto Atmosutarno. However, until this news was published there had been no response from Sarwoto.

The HBS satellite itself is planned to be a back-up for Satria-1 which took off last June. Previously, HBS planned to be able to operate simultaneously with Satria at the end of this year.

However, Satria-1 itself will only reach orbit at the end of 2023. It is likely that it will only become operational early next year.

According to the Kominfo page, it is estimated that HBS will be used at 20 thousand public service facilities throughout Indonesia. The satellite was made by a company from the United States (US), Boeing.

The winner of the tender for the HBS project was Nusantara Jaya. The consortium consists of PT Satelit Nusantara Lima, PT DSST Mas Gemilang, PT Pasifik Satelit Nusantara, and PT Palapa Satelit Nusa Sejahtera.

Providing HBS itself requires investment funds of up to IDR 5.2 trillion. Meanwhile, the costs for operating and maintaining HBS infrastructure reached IDR 475.2 billion.

[Gambas:Video CNBC]

Next Article

RI’s First Giant Satellite Ready to Air, Watch Here

(npb)



Posted

in

by